Latest COVID-19 update: 8th September 2021
As Alert Level restrictions are maintained across NZ, we want to reassure all our pet parents that we continue to provide the products and advice you may need during this period.
We remain open, stocked and here to help with the following changes:
||Auckland Sites - Alert Level 4
||Rest of NZ - Alert Level 2
||Not available - Click & Collect, Phone & Delivery Orders Only
|QR Code Check-In
|DIY Dog Wash
||Open for existing booked classes
The health and safety of our team and customers is our number one priority so we continue to maintain the highest standards of hygiene within our stores and clinics, in line with government recommendations.
Thank you again for your support, cooperation and understanding and, as always, for being a part of the PETstock family.
At PETstock we pride ourselves on supporting pet parents in giving the best care they can for their pets and we think it’s important to share relevant and important information about the COVID-19 situation.
We’ve put together the below FAQ’s in the hope to answer some of the many questions we are receiving from around the country from concerned pet parents.
Should you have any additional concerns about the COVID-19 specifically we suggest you call:
NZ COVID-19 Health Advice Line: 0800 358 5453
Can my pet be infected with the COVID-19 virus?
Currently, there is limited evidence that companion animals can get infected with COVID-19 and no evidence they can pass it to humans.
As a precaution if you have contracted COVID-19, try to have your pet cared for by another member of your household and avoid kissing and snuggling with your pet and don’t share food. Until more information is known, avoid contact with unfamiliar animals and always practice good hygiene washing hands before and after the interaction.
If you have further questions, please reference the latest Government news
Or we encourage you to visit the links below:
What can I do to best protect myself and my pet?
The World Health Organisation (WHO) website is an excellent resource with regards to general hygiene advice and recommendations, which we have summarised below:
- Frequently and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer or soap and water
- When coughing and sneezing cover your mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Avoid close contact for you and your pet with anyone who has a fever or cough
- Avoid greetings that include physical contact e.g. handshakes, high-fives
- If you are unwell, remain at home and follow the guidelines provided by the WHO
What is PETstock doing in stores to support its team members and customers during COVID-19?
PETstock is supporting its team members and customers by ensuring all store and vet staff have received hygiene information and have been directed to follow this advice.
We are continuing to monitor government health recommendations and requirements and have reviewed and updated operational procedures where required to ensure stores can continue to operate at the highest standards in this unprecedented environment. Specifically, we are:
- Providing information sheets to stores and clinics – Coronavirus and Hygiene
- Providing informative posters for all sites
- Monitoring the situation daily and making sure the business is fully prepared to react to any suspected and/or confirmed cases
- Sharing information and suggestions provided by the Government and World Health Organisation on a regular basis
What happens if there is a COVID-19 case in my local store?
If one of our team members is confirmed with COVID-19 and the Government advises us to close the store, we will let you know immediately. We will close the store and follow the most recent Government / WHO protocols, until we are given approval to reopen by the Ministry of Health.
Will my local PETstock Vet still be able to see my pet?
We understand customers will be concerned about the welfare of their pets should they have to self-isolate or are unable to physically visit a vet. PETstock Vet hospitals will still treat your pet if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 – customers can call PETstock Vet Constellation Drive on 094797609 for more information.
Alternatively, you can text or video chat with a veterinarian 8am to 2am from the comfort of your own home on our PETstock Vet Chat service.
Has the supply of product been impacted?
We are continuously working with all supply partners to ensure we keep our shelves stocked with essential items for all pets. Despite increased demand on some items we are working hard to ensure we have stock available at all times. Customers are encouraged to search online if you can’t find the item you need in store. Item limits may apply.
Can I still order via Click and Collect?
Yes, zero contact Click and Collect is available at all stores. To ensure you can access all of your pet care needs, you can place your order via:
- 15 minute Click and Collect
- Order online for home delivery within one to three days - if you are self-isolating, when placing your order please select authority to leave when advising on your preferred shipping method.
- Or you can phone our stores directly and our team will personally shop your order and either have it ready for zero contact pick up and payment from your local store, or have it home delivered for you.
Are PETstock grooming salons open?
Unfortunately our grooming salons are currently closed until further notice.
One customer (18+) only to delivery and collect dog
One customer in grooming salon at a time
Social distancing guidelines (1.5m) apply
If unwell, contact us to reschedule appointment*
Cash payment not accepted#